Moksha Meditation Teacher Training
Who is this course suitable for?
- Individuals interested in teaching meditation.
- Individuals who would like to explore and experience meditation at a deeper level.
- Yoga Teachers who wish to enhance their awareness and experience of meditation.
Living Peace offers level 1 and 2 Moksha Meditation Teacher Training. These trainings are spread over two years to enable the optimal absorption and embodiment of the teachings and practices. The teacher training will give those wanting to teach meditation an in-depth understanding of meditation, the mind, the sacred origins of meditation and an abundance of techniques to teach and to deepen their own practice.
The training will enable you to share meditation techniques with a broad base of students. The teacher training focuses on the time-tested methods for the realisation of the Soul and freedom from the Samsaric Cycle.
- Be confident in sharing the foundations, approaches, techniques of meditation.
- Create an environment of ease and peace for yourself and the students.
- Balancing silence and guidance.
- Have a large toolbox of meditation techniques to share.
- Get to know the masters and the master teachers of these techniques.
- Enhance your own development by way of wisdom, discernment, non-attachment and loving-awareness.
- Become an instrument for others to be themselves and sit in joy and stillness.
Course Contents – Level 1
- Mind: the four components of the mind, tendencies of the mind, qualities of the mind.
- Philosophy: fundamentals of Yogic, Buddhist and Vedantic philosophy and their meditation approaches.
- Cultivating an environment for meditation – morals, ethics and the desire for liberation.
- Developing a balanced and steady meditation posture for self and students.
- Teaching skills: being easeful, peaceful and useful.
- Remaining comfortable and centered.
- Awareness of students and what may be of service and support.
- Assisting and guiding a range of students and abilities.
- Combining your teaching style and voice with the sacred teachings.
- Techniques: Yogic meditation, Buddhist meditation, Vedantic meditation, moving meditations, guided visualisations, walking meditations, pranayama, mindfulness.
- Building your own visualisations and phrasing.
- Sacred texts and teachers: Yoga Sutras, The Bhagavad Gita, The Upanishads.
Course Contents – Level 2
Level two is a continuation and augmenting of level one. We take what we have learnt and practice to a fuller manifestation. We dedicate ourselves to our own practice enabling the role of teacher to be expressed unhindered. Each topic will be explored on the three levels of gross, subtle and subtlest.
- Purification and strengthening of personal practice.
- Expansion of meditation techniques.
- Refinement of teaching and the techniques.
- Empowered teacher.
- Empowered teaching.
- Categories, levels and stages of meditation.
- The witness.
- Proficiency in the arena of Questions and Answers.
- Sacred texts and teachers: Panchadasi, Drg Drsya Viveka.
Course Fees – Level 1
Admission to this course requires a personal or phone interview.
Price includes the June retreat.
Course Cost: $1500.00
- Non-refundable deposit of $300 prior to March 1st.
- Payment in full is required before the commencement of the course and no refunds apply once the training has commenced.
Course Registration & Payment
Living Peace Meditation Teacher Training is open to practitioners and current teachers with an interest in sharing meditation and strengthening their personal practice. This Training is designed for the practitioner/teacher who has experience in a range of techniques and philosophy. A variety of approaches to meditation and their accompanying techniques will be taught, however the training is weighted towards the how to teach, and the how to live a life of equanimity. To secure a place in the Living Peace Meditation teacher training the applicant will need to fulfil the prerequisites below.
- Admission to training requires personal interview or phone interview.
- To have an established practice.
- Preferably, you will have two or more years meditation experience.
- To be able to sit for extended periods. 60 mins (chair or floor).
2020 Dates and Times
Level 1 – 70 hours
This course is run over 1 weekend per quarter each year.
Session 1: 31st July, August 1st & 2nd. Retreat @ Swami’s Retreat Centre, Kenthurst. Commences Friday 1.00pm, finishes Sunday 3.00pm (included in price).
Session 2: 22nd & 23rd August @ Living Peace Yoga. Saturday 11.00am – 5.30pm, Sunday 9.00am – 4.30pm.
Session 3: 26th & 27th September @ Living Peace Yoga. Saturday 11.00am – 5.30pm, Sunday 9.00am -4.30pm
Session 4: 31st Oct & 1st November @ Living Peace Yoga. Saturday 11.00am – 5.30pm Sunday 9.00am -4.30pm
Interviews/Mentoring: Two x 1-hour sessions.
2021 Dates and Times
Level 2 – 80 hours
Exact dates to be advised.
Hanuman Das/Greg Clarke is a respected teacher and author in the field of spiritual living. He has been studying, practising and living a spiritual life since his early twenties after being introduced to his teacher Ram Dass. He shares techniques in the areas of meditation, self enquiry and inner strength with the objective of integrating spiritual life with daily life. He is the author of two books on living a spiritual life, and is also a yoga teacher. Hanuman Das conducts workshops and retreats and has lectured on consciousness and spiritual living at yoga and spirit based festivals across Australia. Hanuman Das is a gifted and entertaining speaker and author whose parables make learning joyous, clear and easy to incorporate into daily life.