Date: Saturday 14th March 2020
Time: 11am – 5pm
CPD Points: 6
Using props in a yoga class can be beneficial for all students. Chairs are particularly useful for those with injuries and for the more mature student with limited range of movement. However, chairs can be extremely useful for able bodied students also and can help anyone to deepen their experience of asana.
This workshop would be useful for yoga teachers, students, health care professionals and carers who want to share the power of movement and breathing with students and clients.
This workshop will include:
- How and when to safely use a chair in a yoga class
- Learn a variety of yoga poses in a chair:
- Simple and gentle movements for those with limited mobility
- Intermediate poses – translating asanas into a chair
- Advanced – deeper postures such as forward bends and back bends.
- How to teach chair yoga.
- Effective pranayama techniques for health and wellbeing.
- Comprehensive take home notes.
Ginny Clarke is a devoted, senior yoga teacher and yoga therapist and co-owner of Living Peace Yoga. She has been teaching yoga for over 17 years and her passion is to help people know their bodies intimately and work towards healing mind, body and spirit through the vast array of techniques and wisdom which yoga offers.