Yoga for Anxiety – 4 Week Course
Anxiety is the most common mental health condition in Australia. On average, 1 in 4 people will experience anxiety. Yoga therapy is an effective, complementary tool in the management of anxiety and stress.
Stress is not a bad thing – in fact, it is a normal and necessary reaction to difficult circumstances. However, it is our interpretation and reaction to stress, and whether or not we can let go of the stress after the event has passed, which will determine our ability to return to equilibrium and clarity.
* Understand what anxiety is and how it affects relationships with self and others.
* Learn gentle, mindful yogic practices that can be used to transform fear, stress and anxiety as well as help you be feel and know your body and its messages
* Learn simple and effective affirmations and mantras which can effectively change your mood
* Be reminded of the power of slowing down
* Tap into the practices of self-compassion and gratitude.
All are welcome to this workshop. No yoga experience is required.
Facilitator: Ginny Clarke
is a devoted, senior yoga teacher and yoga therapist and co-owner of Living Peace Yoga. She has been teaching yoga for over 15 years and her passion is to help people know their bodies intimately and work towards healing mind, body and spirit through the vast array of techniques and wisdom which yoga offers.
Dates: Thurs 7th, 14th, 21st & 28th November
Time: 6:30 – 7:45pm
Price: $100 for non-members, $70 for members